SnapRAID is a backup program for disk arrays. It stores parity information of your data and it recovers from up to six disk failures.
SnapRAID is mainly targeted for a home media center, with a lot of big files that rarely change.
Beside the ability to recover from disk failures, other features of SnapRAID are:
- All your data is hashed to ensure data integrity and to avoid silent corruption.
- If the failed disks are too many to allow a recovery, you lose the data only on the failed disks. All the data in the other disks is safe.
- If you accidentally delete some files in a disk, you can recover them.
- You can start with already filled disks.
- The disks can have different sizes.
- You can add disks at any time.
- It doesn't lock-in your data. You can stop using SnapRAID at any time without the need to reformat or move data.
- To access a file, a single disk needs to spin, saving power and producing less noise.
SnapRAID has also a SourceForge and a GitHub page. If you need support, ask it in the Forum.
Now go to Download.
News! Version 12.2 RELEASED!